Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
Interning within the People Talent Management team, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the culture of a leading real estate disruptor that is expanding our marketings across the country and scaling quickly. This role will manage company-wide foundational projects aimed at supporting our employees and managers to strengthen our internal processes and programs. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to revolutionize the way people buy and sell their homes.
Gain an understanding and appreciation for Talent Management (job families, career ladder, career pathing and employee development).Build experience in the People Team space through leading projects, with cross functional collaboration.
Duration: ~3 months w/ 40 hours per week
- Primary focus is to develop career ladders and career pathing
- Interact, facilitate and lead multiple project teams to identify required skills and also to define skills across job levels for each job family
- Partner with the HR team, Compensation team, business leaders and managers on the career ladder project
- Participate in People Talent Management activities to network and learn best practices
- Contribute to and deliver on HR initiatives and projects
- Given the virtual nature of the team the role allows for you to be empowered and work autonomously, and at the same time work as a team
- Assist in project management of cross functional programs with stakeholders and audiences
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Undergraduate juniors or seniors and MBA students will be considered
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Able to handle confidential information
- Advanced G-suite capabilities
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Has strong time and project management skills and meets deadlines, able to prioritize tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in an empowered autonomous way and to establish relationships virtually
- Team-oriented and has excellent relationship-building skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description