Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Our Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they are progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Customer Support Intern - Summer 2022
- Data Analysis & Hygiene
- Customer Support Reporting
- Administration of internal tools used by Customer Support
- Create process enhancements and efficiencies, and manage any projects to completion
- Shadow inbound customer requests and issues via email, chat and phone
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve resolution
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about Cryptocurrencies & fintech
- You have the ability to work both independently as well effectively communicate cross functionally with a variety of team members
- You can bring an analytical and creative approach to difficult problems in order to help solve them
- Pursuing an associate or bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Science, MIS, Information Technology
- Experience with computer based applications
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use empathy, inquiry, courtesy, and a proactive, outcome-focused approach to solving issues, both verbally and in written communication
- Reliable, responsible and consistent
- Patient, helpful and a creative problem solver
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Aptitude to learn new software applications quickly
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.