Intern - Corporate Finance at SageSure (Tallahassee, FL)
| Tallahassee, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:54 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 19, 2022
SageSure, the insurance first, tech-forward, capital-lite managing general underwriter that focuses on the underserved, preferred homeowners middle-market, is seeking an Intern (Corporate Finance) to join our summer internship program. Over the course of this 10-week program, Interns will gain tangible, hands-on experience and insight into our business operations. After 3 days of orientation and training, you’ll join our Corporate Finance team where you’ll be assigned projects, with unlimited opportunity for challenges and achievement. We have, very often, considered our interns for post-graduation roles within the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Corporate Accounting & Finance
- Create and upload standard journal entries during monthly close
- Prepare backup and evidence for journal entry submission
- Ensure all journal entry templates are filed
- Assist with bank reconciliations during monthly close including electronic filing
- Assist with surplus lines submission
- Support the Corporate Finance team in special projects
- Assist with completion of income statement and balance sheet workpapers
- Assist with detailed review of Financial Statements
- Support SOC report review
- Accounts Payable
- Assist with 1099 process, including receiving new vendor W-9's for entry into TFP system
- Lead the outstanding check monitoring project including, calling agents and vendors and, preparing re-issue requests
- Complete accounting fees and promotional reporting
- Assist with check run preparation
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An undergraduate or graduate education with an anticipated graduation date in 2022 or 2023
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and hungry to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Authorization to work in the United States
Highly preferred candidates also have:
- Prior internship experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! A Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for two years in a row (2020-2021), SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator serving disaster-prone areas. That means we sell insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 50+ products in 14 states, serving over 400,000 policyholders while managing more than $800 million in written premium. We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure opportunities, visit www.sagesure.com/careers/.
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
More Information on SageSure
SageSure operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Jersey City, NJ. SageSure was founded in 2006. It has 268 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 30 open jobs at SageSure, click here.
Read Full Job Description