Intern - Contract Management at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Contract Management
What You’ll Do:
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve actual business and financial issues associated with contract closeout.
- Work in a team environment assisting and consulting with Contract Management professionals to prepare and process contract closeout paperwork and create electronic contract records.
- Perform analysis of contract documents and modifications and prepare contract documents for signature and closeout activities.
- Utilize oral and written communication skills to communicate directly with Program Managers and Contract Administrators to assist in the coordination of closeout packages with different internal team members and draft, edit and create closeout document packages. Help resolve any issues that may arise. Also successfully convey to the team any areas of concerns, or recommendations, if any, for submission.
- Update, develop, and maintain the contract database of and electronic files of related documentation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a paperless workflow.
- Provide suggested changes to processes and procedures comprising the closeout process.
- Review Government and Prime contract customers’ contracts and other business management documentation to ensure that contract database matches contract information in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Perform administrative tasks: alphabetize and collate files; filing, copying, and scanning documents.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Progress toward a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's in a business degree in a related field such as accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is preferred.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong math/analytical background.
- Solid communication, i.e., oral/written.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Ability to sort through data and provide analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.