The Information Security Engineer Intern will execute essential operational capabilities to detect and manage technical risks across the BlackLine operational environment. This internship will be responsible for the daily operation and management of one or more security technical controls to protect essential systems.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Introduction to information security workflow, process, and best practices. Expand your skills and learn new technology.
- Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
- Under supervision, execute technical and process changes required to adopt, maintain, and adjust InfoSec controls as required to manage the company’s risks and align with industry best practices
- Operate/maintain/improve security tools and capabilities using industry best practice and standards
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments
- Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability
- As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action
- Develop and publish metrics and dashboards demonstrating security posture
- Reviewing, validating, and reporting security vulnerabilities
Years of Experience in Related Field: Education: You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate in Spring 2022.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful Information Security Analyst or Engineer
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Basic security, networking, and operating system (Windows, Linux, OS X) knowledge
- Working understanding of scripting languages and command line navigation in both MS and ‘nix style operating systems
- Familiarity with different families of technical security controls and tools
- Ability to learn and operate independently
- Problem solving ability and clear communication skills
- Basic information security experience preferred
- Certification experience such as Security+, GIAC, or similar