The Chewy Campus Recruiting Team is seeking passionate, analytical, problem-solving first-year graduate school students. Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. As a Graduate Operations Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience while driving strategy in a fast-paced, high-volume, operations-based environment. An internship role will be offered in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
Our interns demonstrate ownership of their work and drive results through managing a project from start to finish. While fine-tuning emerging people leadership skills, you will strengthen your business acumen. You play a critical role in developing new strategies and creating process improvements to deliver on Chewy’s promise of best-in-class customer service. This internship will give you an opportunity to help us be the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere.
Internship Timeframe: June 5th – August 11th, 2023 (must be available for the full duration)
Qualified Students: Current 1st year graduate students
Our graduate fulfillment operations internship is a hands-on 10-week opportunity to put your classroom knowledge, passion for operations management and intellectual drive to work in a dynamic environment that welcomes your input. Your contributions will greatly increase efficiency, enhance safety, and ensure best practices across our fulfillment enterprise as we serve the world’s best pet parents.
At Chewy, you will accelerate your career development and have an immediate impact on our amazing growth. You will be working side-by-side with our business leaders who are passionate about supporting your development and changing the way America shops for its pets. Over the summer, you will be challenged to both think strategically and work cross-functionally with peers, senior leadership, and support departments to provide thoughtful, comprehensive, and forward-thinking recommendations directly to Chewy leadership.
What you'll do:
- Act as an owner by taking responsibility for meeting and exceeding established productivity, safety, labor, and quality objectives.
- Think big by supporting the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Operate at depth while working with other teams to extract, transform, and analyze data from sources across the business using a variety of technology platforms.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root while simultaneously stepping back to understand the broader context, while considering how those decisions keep our customers first.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024.
- Proven leadership experience through a combination of work experience, college athletics, student clubs and organizations, volunteerism, or military service.
- 4+ years of full-time work or military experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with a data driven approach to thinking, analyzing, and solving problems at both tactical and strategic levels.
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills with the ability to navigate ambiguity and take a process-driven approach to decision making.
- Ability to operate effectively in both independent and team-based environments, with a strong desire for future people leadership responsibilities.
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience building and working in dashboards.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and /or walk for up to an entire shift.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the 10-week internship.
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization is required.
What Separates You From The Pack:
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt.
- Relevant internship or work experience: retail, operations, supply chain/logistics, manufacturing.
- Previous experience using SQL or Tableau.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.