Governance, Risk, & Compliance Intern - Summer 2022 at Squarespace
Our GRC team is growing and we're looking for an intern to join our team who is eager to contribute to and learn about how the Governance, Risk, and Compliance program operates at Squarespace.
The Squarespace GRC team's projects have wide ranging visibility and provide a unique opportunity to partner with departments across the organization. The GRC team at Squarespace is comprised of two sub-teams: Risk/Data Privacy and Compliance. You will report to the GRC Sr. Analyst and focus on several important risk and compliance initiatives to help grow Squarespace's GRC program. Specifically, you will be involved in the evaluation of internal control design and operating effectiveness to ensure compliance with security and financial reporting frameworks, and vendor security risk assessments for third-party software solutions being considered for use. In addition to a partnership with GRC and Engineering team members, you will collaborate with teams across the organization to build compliance projects that address our current needs.Responsibilities
- Help with ongoing maintenance of information security policies as they relate to Squarespace compliance projects.
- Conduct design and operational effectiveness testing to confirm adherence to company policy and controls.
- Document audit procedures and results.
- Work with engineering teams to understand and assess the controls within their environment(s).
- Provide regular status updates to the GRC Sr. Analyst and communicate delays in work as they occur.
- Conduct vendor security risk assessments for any third-party software solutions being considered for use.
- Currently enrolled student, graduating in December 2022 or Spring 2023.
- Pursuing a BS in Management Information Systems (MIS), Cybersecurity, Risk Management, or a related technical discipline.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.