Global Issues Threat Intelligence Analyst Intern Summer/Fall 2022 at Recorded Future (Washington DC)
With more than 800 employees, $200M ARR in 2021, 1,300+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest intelligence company!
This Role: We are looking for two resourceful undergraduates (Junior-Senior) or graduate students to join the Global Issues team as Interns. The Global Issues team within the Insikt (Research) Group focuses on Geopolitics, Physical Security, Extremism, Terrorism, and Disinformation.
We have 2 internships available, each consisting of 40hours/week for 8 consecutive weeks:
- July 5, 2022 until August 26, 2022
- October 3, 2022 until November 25, 2022
Who you’ll work with as a Threat Intel Intern: The Global Issues team is a multifaceted group of subject matter experts specializing in different regions of the world and in threat analysis. The team supports a variety of products, services, and initiatives for both internal stakeholders and clients. You will also work with other teams in the Insikt Group on larger research projects and client requests.
What you'll do as a Threat Intel Intern:
- Research, track, and author reports on geopolitics, physical security, extremism, terrorism and disinformation related to your specific area of expertise
- Produce finished intelligence reports addressing the priority requirements of our clients
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams that will be posted on our blog
What you'll bring as a Threat Intel Intern (required):
- Working towards BA or MA degree in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- Demonstrably strong writing skills; ability to convey complex concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with and work as part of a globally distributed team
- Strong understanding of a subtopic related to Geopolitics, Physical Security, Extremism, Terrorism, and Disinformation, for example the Iranian geopolitical landscape
Highly Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence analysis and writing techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of open source intelligence gathering tools and techniques
- Professional fluency in reading a foreign language
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.