WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
Join us for a unique and rewarding undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through April 15, 2022; we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The Outreach Intern will work directly with the Democratic Politics and Elections team at ActBlue. The Democratic Politics and Elections team is part of an expanded team within ActBlue designed to meet the new opportunities we have within the electoral and campaign space. The team aims to provide support to a set of campaigns and electoral organizations.
The Outreach Intern will contribute to short- and long-term projects across various functions and will be responsible for research, information gathering, and organization systems that benefit the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of contribution form brandings for candidates and committees;
- Assist in the maintenance of the State and Local team’s county/committee guide;
- Research and gather information for state, local, and federal elections;
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents to organize and compile data;
- Work on other projects as assigned;
- Join and contribute to Outreach team meetings;
- Build a strong cohort with other interns from different departments across ActBlue and regularly meet to network and collaborate with each other.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program;
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission;
- Availability from May 31st to August 12th;
- Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week;
- Excellent organization;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Great communication skills;
- Strong computer skills — ability to learn and adopt new technologies and systems;
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone Interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home Written Exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom Interview with Department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
We prefer the person in this position live within the Mountains & Plains region (Colorado, Texas, Nebraska, or South Dakota), but ties to any of the states in the region (Colorado, Texas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Idaho, or Wyoming) will be considered favorably.
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, or Wisconsin.
This is a full-time, paid internship ($20 per hour). Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.