Frontend Engineering Intern - Summer 2022 at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:07 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Frontend (Web) Engineering team, you will help create the look and feel of how customers interact with Verkada’s custom-made hardware, web-based assets and utilize the security data collected.
Learn more about Verkada from one of our interns - Caileen Dolan from University of Waterloo.
- Work with Product & Design to plan, build, and iterate on best-in-class user experiences.
- Build shared components that help maintain design consistency and enable fellow teammates to move faster.
- Invest in front-end architecture and performance to enable the team and product to scale.
Current and Future Examples of Intern Projects
- Work with computer vision engineers to experiment with machine learning and AI data models and applications.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Specify and add API endpoints to change camera image tuning properties.
- Work with real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Maintain and implement testing automation and testing frameworks.
- Maintain high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding services.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work Summer 2022 at Verkada HQ
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Experience building reusable components, utilizing CSS pre-processors and building pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Angular.js, React or Vue.
- Familiarity with REST APIs. Ability to read python server code is a plus!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description