Financial Planning and Analysis Operations MBA Intern, 2022 Summer U.S.
Atlassian is seeking a Summer MBA intern to join the Financial Planning & Analysis Ops team (FP&A) to help drive Atlassian's continued success. You will be supporting the organization responsible for managing costs and investments that range from cost to host, hiring velocity, to long term real estate strategy. Our MBA interns will provide thought leadership and add value through a wide range of strategic analysis, operational improvement, and management reporting.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Learn about the business and how we are innovating on agile planning for a fast growing software company.
- Prepare financial analysis, decision support analysis, financial modeling and provide ad-hoc analytical support.
- Partner with key leaders across the organization to drive cost savings and efficiency improvements while optimizing for scale and automation.
- Facilitate finance optimization efforts to help us build an extraordinary FP&A organization through development of new standards to drive continuous improvement of all planning and forecasting processes.
- Opportunity to present your projects and results to senior leaders across different organizations in the company.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate vitality with projects big and small.
- Comfort operating independently in a constantly evolving environment and with multiple teams relying on your work.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Atlassian.
- Ninja-like analysis skills: You know what questions to ask, what the data says, and what actions we can take based upon the results. You are a power user of Excel.
- Deft ability to communicate data into relevant insight: You know how to create compelling presentations and can lead executives through data deep-dives.
- You love partnering: You understand that organizations are made up of very different parts. You relish influencing others and co-piloting cross-team initiatives.
- Minimum 2 years in analytics, sales operations, process improvement, FP&A, business operations, or strategy within a B2B tech company or within a strategy consulting or finance environment
- Be able to commit to at least a 12 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2022
- Be part of a MBA program and graduating in the Summer of 2023
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational openness. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company's continued growth. You'll join an outstanding team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers!
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .