Finance & Accounting Intern, 2024 Summer U.S. at Atlassian (Peninsula or Remote)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's Finance team is a globally engaged organization that accelerates Atlassian's strategy by providing important insights, secure and scalable services to support all partners. The Finance group includes Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax functions, and more. As part of your role, you will partner with your assigned finance team and gain experience supporting projects in several teams.
Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
Opportunities may include:
- Gaining an understanding around the focus and strategies of finance leaders, observe and support methods and practices in making executive decisions
- Develop data modeling skills by managing and manipulating complex data to obtain insights for the business to use
- Learn about the several financial planning cycles and the application of Profit & Loss analysis
- Identify causes of risks and analyzing business processes execution plans to provide a framework for improvement
- Understand the finance and accounting impacts of business transactions and ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements
- Support internal and external reporting functions
- Complete special projects (e.g., software implementations, process automation, implementation of new accounting standards, data alignment, process improvement, financial standards research)
- At least one year of classroom and/or finance internship work experience demonstrating overall understanding of fundamental finance and accounting knowledge including data modeling, data analytics, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), forecasting, interpreting financial statements, and reporting
- Competency in MS Office, especially in Excel including pivot tables; certifications or relevant coursework
- Power BI /Tableau or other data visualization experience
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- Students graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Spring/Summer 2025
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $33/hr - $50/hr
Zone B: $31/hr - $45/hr
Zone C: $27/hr - $42/hr
Within each range, base pay is determined based on your skills and experience.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.