Are you excited by technologies that move beyond prior limitations?
Do you thrive on experiments?
Can you calibrate the most powerful AI in the world to generate the optimal level of cat memes?
Have you really gone through the FULL stack? Be honest.
Has the data ever whispered gentle secrets to you?
Do you enjoy trying things that may or may not work?
If you answered “yes” to (some of) the questions above, then do we have an internship opportunity for you!About Latitude.io:Our Mission:
To make AI a tool of creativity and freedom for everyone.Our Values:
Go do things.
Do things quickly.
Try new things.
People are not things.
- Take ownership of an awesome project (or projects — we won't slow you down) in full stack development, MLE, design, etc. and make it (them) a reality over the course of 2-3 months!
- Be part of creating an entirely new genre of AI-powered games.
- See what you create immediately in production
- Like, dozens of times per day.
- Work on all the “-ends”
- Learn from senior developers, industry experts, and mentors.
- Enjoy the absence of red tape — you have full access to what you need to get the job done
- JS Framework experience.
- GraphQL experience (or desire to learn)
- React / React Native experience.
- Experience building awesome things (or WANTING to build awesome things).
- Experience working on a variety of projects or in a variety of industries
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Audience segmentation experience
- Experience building data pipelines
- Optimization experience using multivariate testing
- Experience combining data from multiple sources
- General data wizardry. We don’t know what we don’t know, that’s why we’re hiring.
- Experience in the games industry, or with game design
- A desire to experiment with multiple visualizations for fictional content
- A desire to test in production
MLE / AI
- GPT-3 Experience:
- The more the better.
- Machine Learning Experience:
- Especially NLP.
- Something to show:
- Have you built cool things with GPT-3 or other NLP models? Tell us about them!
- Work authorization in the United States / Canada:
- This is required at the moment. Help us grow so we can consider international candidates!
Job Type: Part to Full-time, Flexible hours. Potential to become a full member of the team!
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: 60k - 100k (by skills and experience, not location)
What it's like on the Latitude Team
Latitude has a remote-first work environment. This is made possible by our culture of speed and ownership. Agile methodologies (think Scrum) aim to create cross-functional teams and maximize the performance and speed of those teams. At Latitude, each individual is — by themselves — cross functional. Everyone selects and owns their projects from beginning to end, delivering value directly to users as fast as they can build. No bureaucracy. No gates. We select carefully those employees / interns with a broad base of general ability, and one or two areas of significant depth. This allows us to maintain talent density, and provide a host of experts for every individual to work with and learn from.
At Latitude, leadership and management are roles — not titles. These roles shift with the needs of the company and our projects. Leadership is an opportunity to serve and remove obstacles, not to take another step up the corporate ladder. Our people are our greatest assets. They are powerful, creative, and unique. A leader’s role is to understand, inspire, and align each individual to maximize their potential; it is to promote the growth and development of each member of their team (personal, skills, and career) and to foster an environment of learning, belonging, and purpose. Their goal is to effectively communicate the intent of the executive team and/or project lead and inspire the creative work of each individual to help Latitude achieve our goals.
Every employee and intern is expected to live our values of Initiative, Speed, Exploration, and Empathy courageously and consistently.
Read more about us here: https://latitude.io/Employment Practices
At Latitude, we value diversity and make employment / internship decisions based on qualifications, competence, and business needs. People are different, and we strive to celebrate those differences.
We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy), genetic information, marital status, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), age, sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.