Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Events Marketing, the Event Planning Intern will assist in the planning and scheduling of events for Paper. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is a dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, is highly reliable, can adhere to processes and procedures, and is a fast learner.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada
- Assist in ensuring proactive planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events including annual events/conferences, dinner programs, networking events, and special interest group meetings.
- Research sponsorships, create and coordinate event briefs and prep meeting presentation slides.
- Work with Events and internal teams to plan and execute all event activities necessary to ensure successful events.
- Participate in planning/scheduling meetings including distributing agenda, where applicable and taking minutes.
- Manage event swag orders and inventory with the event warehouse.
- Coordinate printing and distribution of all event collateral.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment and still meet deadlines .
- Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, highly reliable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and follow- up skills.
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability.
- Polished and professional when dealing with members, prospective members, sponsors, and executive management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Nice to have: (if needed)
- Outgoing personality
- Organized professional
- Comfortable with communicating both via email and verbally via the phone
- Willingness to possible travel
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetup.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- Unlimited access to tutoring for children of Paper employees.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.