Engineering Internship (Full-Year) at Candy
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We’re on the lookout for interns with a growth mindset to help build the future of Candy. We are looking for a motivated, passionate, and self-driven individual with knowledge of software development and a strong interest in NFT’s (non-fungible tokens) and a strong understanding of cryptocurrency. As we tie both tech and fandom together, we are looking for a developer who can provide creative solutions, thinking outside the box but still being able to take direction from our engineering leaders.
Our internship program isn’t just a job; we offer real world experience and opportunities to make an impact to the future of the NFT space. As a year-long intern, you will join our Engineering team and get a view into the development of one of the fastest growing start-ups in NYC. The kind of person that will thrive in this internship is someone looking to learn and gain insights into software development fundamentals, foundational development practices, and the ability to make an impact to the metaverse.
At Candy, we are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Write high-quality code with best practices and design patterns in mind.
- Work with current technologies including Python, Go, React, GraphQL and CSS Modules.
- Have a voice in the direction of our products.
- Work at scale to help deliver our NFTs to millions of users around the world.
- Have the opportunity to work with all parts of the stack and contribute to broader architectural discussions within the organization.
- Work closely with highly-motivated leaders who are intellectually curious and interested in growing at a fast paced startup.
- Work alongside solution-oriented thinkers interested in taking on new challenges.
- Be a part of a team who believes practice makes permanent.
- Assist team in facilitating their daily responsibilities.
- Dive in on projects including setting up systems, rolling out processes, and putting plans in place to help foster an inclusive culture.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a willingness to learn.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Professional experience working with current web technologies.
- Be able to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers from different backgrounds and skill set.
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to technical challenges and appreciate the balance between strong convictions and a pragmatic approach.
- Show curiosity about the world and a desire to learn and grow.
- Have pride in your work.
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.