Embedded Systems Engineering Intern - Summer 2022 at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:07 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Embedded Systems team, you’ll be working directly alongside our hardware team, backend engineers, UI engineers, and industrial designers to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security system
Learn more about Verkada from one of our interns - Caileen Dolan from University of Waterloo.
- Work cross-functionally with the hardware team to develop features in C, Go and Python to build the embedded software and firmware that goes onto the devices we ship to our customers: Cameras, Verkada Access Control units, Verkada Card / BLE readers, and future devices we will soon be launching.
- Design, develop and verify embedded software, firmware and drivers for our systems.
- Work with new technologies that are critical to product development.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship features that delight users and customers.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to define new specs for future products.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or similar degree plan).
- Proficient in at least one high level programming language (preferably C, C++, Python, or Golang).
- Familiar with Linux CLI tools.
- Familiar with Linux OS concepts (processes, threads, file descriptors, syscalls, etc).
- Familiar with a version control system (git).
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience with imaging technology (image quality, streaming, etc).
- Experience with C, Bash/Shell, USB, I2C, Yocto, etc.
- Computer networking experience.
- Linux experience (servers, device drivers, kernel patches, secure operating systems, security focused programming).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description