Development Support Intern at Buyers Edge Platform (Remote)
Who are we?
Buyers Edge Platform (BEP) is a Digital Procurement Network for the foodservice industry. We help operators (restaurants, hotels, casinos, healthcare facilities, etc.) succeed by helping them save money on the products and services they purchase every day. Operator clients take advantage of our contracts with top manufacturers of products ranging from chicken fingers to garbage bags.
We’re an important connection point for the industry – bringing together stakeholders from across the supply chain in order to help all parties succeed. We rely heavily on our proprietary technology to deliver exclusive contracts, supply chain consulting and data services to all of our partners and clients. Our company has grown consistently over 20+ years and is featured annually on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America.
This is a remote position. We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this role.
- Monitor the day-to-day processes running within our proprietary system using various
- Gain a general knowledge of our codebase to help identify, categorize, and prioritize
- bugs, both software and system related, so they can be acted on accordingly.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the above items as necessary.
- Work with the development team to track software modifications and their
- Perform other duties related to the software development process.
- Solid knowledge in general computer use & maintenance
- Strong Excel skills
- Some programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with monitoring tools, APM, Logging and Infrastructure. Experience working with MySQL, Amazon Aurora, and Redshift.
- Basic experience with database
- Experience with Java
Nice to have
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
What’s in this for you?
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program, and offer competitive compensation.
Buyers Edge Platform Welcomes All
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.