Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.Job Description
As a Data Scientist Intern, you will work in an award-winning team that does full-cycle full-stack Machine Learning product development, from feature engineering to model building and evaluation.
Our team’s use cases include but are not limited to malware detection, URL content classification, anomaly detection, and AIOps (advanced networking diagnosis). These various use cases give you the opportunity and challenges to experience multiple machine learning algorithms and tools.
You will design and create machine learning models to provide faster and more effective ways to address cloud security use cases.
You might not be an expert in every stage of a Machine Learning project, but you should have interests and curiosity in various parts ranging from the data to the model’s business impact.
Required Skill Sets:
- Pursuing a degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields. Open to all 2021 graduates.
- Passion for leveraging ML/AI to solve real-world business problems (better security and better performance).
- Hands-on experience in one or more machine/deep learning frameworks.
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies.
- Good experience with Python.
- Good interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- Experience in various machine learning/data science approaches.
Desirable Skill Sets:
- Experience with various public cloud services (such as AWS, Google, Azure) and ML automation platforms (such as Kubeflow).
- Experience with various program languages such as Go.
- Good understanding of operating systems and distributed systems.
- Good business sense.
- Ability to lead and execute projects from start to finish.
- Familiarity with networking and networking security.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.