Data Science Intern at Moveworks (Peninsula)
Data Science Intern:
We are looking for data science interns to join the data science & engineering team at Moveworks for the summer. As a data science intern, you will work on key data science projects to help improve our AI product.
Who We Are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks across the data science & engineering team
- Lead the creation of metrics to track product / launch performance and proactively communicate findings to help business partners focus on key decisions
- Collaborate with data and analytics engineers to build coherent data models, scalable data pipelines, and clean datasets to support key business metrics
Who You Are:
- Entering the senior year of your bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a master’s degree
- Pursuing a degree in data science, mathematics, engineering (or similar technical field)
- Have an analytics background and familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Tableau), SQL, and Python
- Coursework demonstrating working knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Curious and genuinely excited to learn new subject areas, comfortable to be scrappy and work with ambiguity when needed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal and technical communication skills