Data Engineering Intern at Comcast Advertising (Remote)
Our 10–12-week program as an intern at Comcast will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop professional skills, gain insight to the day-to-day operations of a top media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network. You will gain invaluable knowledge of our industry, be part of our diverse and welcoming culture and receive exposure to other areas of the business, all while working on real life business projects and functions. FreeWheel’s Data Engineering team works with huge data sets to understand audiences, media segmentation and media consumption to help the world’s largest advertisers, agencies, and networks connect with consumers. With a background in software engineering, big data, statistics, or math, join us for a summer (or longer!) of building the industry-leading platform powering billions of dollars of advertising spend from some of the world’s premiere brands.
- Design, develop and test, and deliver complex software features transforming the big data into insights on a cloud native tech stack.
- Edit and review technical requirements documentation.
- Present and share the learnings within team.
- Regular, Consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Background in Software Engineering, Big Data, Statistics, or Math.
- Strong grasp of a programming language. We use python.
- Curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a college or university
- Ability to work 40 hours the entire duration of the program
- Authorized to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship in the future
The range for this role is $38-$40/hr. and is based on academic level of achievement and business structure.
- Rising Sophomore: $38/hour
- Rising Junior: $39/hour
- Rising Senior: $40/hour
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $40.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.