CX Strategy Intern at MERGE (Remote)
Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our CX Strategy Intern, you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
We’re looking for a motivated CX Strategy Intern who is interested in human behavior, experience design, and digital marketing. Someone who takes note of their own experiences and is intensely curious about what goes into creating great solutions for others and wants to gain experience in the strategy, research, and measurement aspects of bringing great experiences to life for people and businesses.
You have interest in, and may have some experience with, different methods of research for evaluating various types of problems; from helping identify early-stage opportunity areas, to evaluating the extent to which a potential solution fits the bill. You’re curious about how smart work gets produced, just as eager to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with teammates to get it done. While you may excel in expressing your thoughts visually, and are good at crafting intriguing and informative stories, you’re at your best partnering with others who take those ideas and run with them.
Helping your colleagues--designers, strategists, technologists alike--uncover fresh experience design problems to solve and plot ways to solve them. You'll assist with research, help evaluate the competitive landscape, and contribute to the identification of new opportunities to improve the lives of our clients' customers and improve the value of their business by:
- Working with your team to identify fresh opportunity areas that are meaningful to users and hold value for a business. This includes putting a sharper focus around a problem hypothesized by the client or agency team, as well as identifying whitespace opportunities.
- Conducting heuristic evaluations and competitive reviews.
- Contributing to the crafting of personas that cogently bring to life the needs, behaviors and motivations of the people we design for.
- Helping elucidate the problem to be solved and providing insights into potential solutions through experience design artifacts such as customer journeys, experience maps and concept models.
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- Recent graduate or college student (rising Junior or Senior preferred. Both undergrad and grad students are considered.)
- Career switchers also welcomed to apply
- School or professional Project work in Experience Strategy, Research and/or relevant UX projects
- Research skills/coursework, including qualitative & quantitative, and secondary research
- Proficiency in Google suite and/or online collaboration software (e.g., Miro/Mural)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A collaborative work style
- Self-driven work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and creativity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some UX Design experience is helpful, but not mandatory (wireframing or prototypes via Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.). This role will not entail producing wireframes and UI.
Sample deliverables you may be working on:
- Heuristic Evaluation of a website or mobile app
- Secondary research
- Competitive Experience Evaluation of a client
- Customer Journey or Service Blueprint
- Findings report from generative research and/or usability testing
Duration: 9 weeks, May 31 - August 11, 2022, 4 days per week (Monday – Thursday)
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!