Customer & Market Insights Intern at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
What you'll do here:
- Leverage research to help the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our products fit into their lifestyles and workflows
- Use methods such as interviews, customer visits, surveys, and competitor analysis to learn about customers and the marketplace
- Design, execute, analyze, and share this research!
- Collaborate with Researchers across our team, as well as others in Marketing, Product Management, Strategy, and Design
- Act as “the voice of our customers” - the insights you produce will be used to inform Mailchimp’s marketing strategy, product development, and customer experience.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Keenly observant and able to synthesize information to tell a compelling narrative
- An excellent collaborator, but also comfortable working independently when needed
- A strong writer and communicator
- A good listener that is curious, humble, and willing to learn
- Resourceful and able to hunt down information and evaluate sources for quality
- Organized, thorough, and enjoy keeping track of a lot of information
- Bonus points for experience in any of the following:
- Drafting, creating, sending, and analyzing surveys
- Recruiting interview participants
- Conducting interviews
- Customer journey and persona creation
- Working with data in Excel / Google Sheets and PowerPoint / Google Slides
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.