Creative Intern at Ideas United (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:55 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 15, 2022
Ideas United is a creative studio built on the power of storytelling. Our progressive model allows our team to take an unconventional approach – by finding and fostering emerging talent, we have built a global talent network of 3,500 storytellers working alongside over 50 in-house creatives. We shape experiences, rethink conventions, and speak to new audiences across four key categories: students, brands, universities & nonprofits, and originals. We focus on producing authentic, story-driven content to create for a better future. We are a group of people working to lift voices and create change for the underrepresented, the emerging and the lifelong storytellers.
Click here to learn a bit about our team!
Ideas United is offering a summer internship to a few creative, hardworking individuals who are curious about pursuing careers in the creative world! Summer interns will discover, hands-on, what working in a fast-paced agency is all about.
Internship dates: June 1st - August 5th
Pay rate: $1,500/month-- working about 20/25 hours a week
What you’ll do:
- Learn the role and responsibilities of each team within iU
- Work closely with your intern manager that will guide and assign your tasks
- Shadow projects and gain knowledge of the project lifecycle
- Gain hands-on experience performing coordinator tasks for iU projects
- Work with fellow interns on an internal, live project
- Perform and present creative research on partners, vendors, and storytelling techniques and trends
- Assist with facilitating brainstorms, setting up virtual sessions in Miro and identifying and categorizing viable concepts
- Sketch and develop prototypes for concepts using Adobe Creative Cloud, storyboard or screenwriting software, or get hands on with physical craft materials
- Assist in compiling reference media, such as photography, video links, motion graphics, or music samples
- Participate in pitch presentations, championing creative concepts developed by the team
- Sit in on feedback sessions with project teams
What we'll love about you:
- Passion and desire to learn about the creative industry
- Off the charts curiosity and a take-action attitude
- Connection to the iU purpose and mission
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work during the entire summer program
- Storytelling skills or interest in strengthening
- Comfortability with flexibility
- Enthusiastic demeanor
- Ability to receive feedback well
About our Team
We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, different perspectives, and unique interests. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to thrive, collaborate and create.
More Information on Ideas United
Ideas United operates in the Digital Media industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA and Oakland, CA. Ideas United was founded in 2001. It has 85 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance, 401(K) and Flexible Work Schedule. To see all 6 open jobs at Ideas United, click here.
Read Full Job Description