Corporate Development Intern at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Corporate Development Intern learns through supporting our Corporate Development team in the research, identification and development of transaction opportunities for GumGum.
This role reports to the Head of Corporate Development and M&A and acts as a support role for all matters relating to GumGum corporate transactions.
The Corporate Development intern is a varied role. The aim is to provide experience and learning through a variety of tasks designed to support informed and accurate decision making for GumGum Business Strategy. This could include items such as:
- Researching potential markets, risks, target opportunities and assessing commercial viability.
- Maintain and update active target listing providing up to date information on in-market opportunities to decision makers.
- Coordinate company wide Q&A management through any due diligence phase.
- Support meeting logistics for Corporate Development and partner teams.
- Help calculate valuations and support business cases for different options.
This role will start full-time but could be flexible to support any return to college after the summer period.
- Partially completed degree in Corporate Finance, Accounting or similar
- Experience researching and compiling reports for use by senior management
- Excellent organization skills
- Great communicator and able to manage multiple stakeholders across different deliverables
- Excellent Excel and Analytical skills
- Experience using G-suite
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum