Corporate Communications Intern at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
As a Corporate Communications Intern, you will help connect the dots between current affairs and trends to help us look around corners, evolve our narrative, and be ahead of what’s coming next. You will have an opportunity to work on projects that will advance your learning and help position you for a successful career upon graduation. Project work will span across public affairs, economics, and CSR initiatives. Outcomes of project work for the corporate communication intern will be a deep sense of networking capabilities, learning to define the narrative around a project and devising and implementing a communications strategy aligned with the initiative. This role will report to the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
What you'll work on:
- Developing networking and stakeholder engagement skills under direction of more senior teammates and our Public Affairs firm
- Creating opportunities to connect media with Circle’s story through narrative development
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders to define a project scope, responsibilities, project plan and outcomes.
- Joining in person team meetings and contribute to communications strategy development
- Supporting policy and strategic communications-team driven events with key stakeholders
- Contributing to the weekly update on news impacting our business
- Monitoring news, evolving trends and headlines to provide insight into the narrative around crypto and stablecoins and providing recommendations based on your findings
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Pursuing a degree in communications, journalism or a related field with a 3.5 GPA or better
- Coursework related to communications, journalism, public affairs or a related field
- Insatiable appetite for learning and willingness to try new things
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Get-it-done attitude with ability to pivot fast, go with the flow and take on new challenges
- A foundational understanding of markets, finance, banking, and economics
- A deep interest in crypto and blockchain infrastructure
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote