Corporate Citizenship Intern at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
Mailchimp's Corporate Citizenship team believes that Big Change Starts Small, whether you’re just starting your business or trying to create positive change in your community. We’ve learned that in a world full of big issues, small world changers need a champion. That’s why Mailchimp has invested more than $12 million to help small and medium sized organizations get started and grow. We connect employees with our investments through programs like Launchpad, our partnership with Clayton State University, and Mailchimp Community College, which equips those employees with the tools to think deeply about fostering equity and inspiring positive change in Atlanta.
We’re looking for a Corporate Citizenship Intern to join our team to help facilitate employee engagement with our nonprofit partners. Our ideal candidate is a community-minded, brand-conscious individual with experience in corporate citizenship or civic engagement.
What you'll do here:
- Organize a volunteer project that engages Mailchimp employees and supports the work of a nonprofit partner
- Contribute to internal reporting projects
- Collect and analyze data on Mailchimp’s employee programs and community investments
- Support ongoing Corporate Citizenship programs and employee engagement efforts
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Demonstrated interest in social impact, corporate citizenship, or volunteerism
- Experience organizing events
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the Mailchimp platform and our business
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.