Content Marketing Intern at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
We’re looking for a Content Marketing intern to join the Brand Marketing team. The Content Marketing intern will help distribute Mailchimp’s original content, podcasts and resource articles on social media and Mailchimp.com. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about marketing and communication, driven to make an impact, and curious to learn about all aspects of content marketing including editorial planning, content creation, distribution and measurement.
We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with. The ideal candidate will love the art of storytelling across different formats, from social media posts to long-form content. They will be both creative and curious, with a desire to learn about the impact of content marketing efforts by reporting on content metrics. And they will be eager to challenge themselves by working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
What you'll do here:
- Content Remixing & Redistribution:
- Identify opportunities to remix and redistribute existing articles, podcasts and films across Mailchimp’s organic channels.
- Write supporting copy and recommend ways to re-use existing creative assets
- Measurement & Reporting: help measure the impact of content remixing efforts and provide recommendations to enhance performance.
- Editorial Calendar Planning: assist in calendar planning and management throughout the term.
- Content Strategy & Writing: assist in the development of content and storytelling angles to help educate entrepreneurs on how Mailchimp tools can help them market their products and services, reach new audiences, and grow their business.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Detail oriented with in-depth research capabilities & excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to operate with a sense of urgency
- Have a strong interest in marketing and communication
- An excellent writer, who understands how to capture attention and deliver value to the audience
- Analytical and curious, with a desire to learn about the impact of marketing efforts usings tools like Google Analytics and social analytics.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.