Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to write tools to support the launch of products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Computer Vision team, you will be working on one or more highly impactful projects that will help create an exciting user experience. You will have opportunities to work with engineers across multiple teams to implement the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software powered by computer vision and deep learning!
Learn more about Verkada from one of our interns - Caileen Dolan from University of Waterloo.
- Implement tools to evaluate CV/ML pipelines.
- Prototype new features and work with the team to integrate them into our product.
- Create tools to improve the productivity of your fellow CV team members.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Familiar with: Python, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Vision, Deep Learning.
- Comfortable reading research papers and experimenting with their content.
- Familiarity with Python CV/ML tools; OpenCV, Sklearn, Numpy, and at least one deep learning package (Tensorflow/Torch/Keras/Mxnet).
- Interest in writing great tools.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description