Community Engagement Intern (Remote) at Unite Us
Who We Are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
About the Internship:
Unite Us is looking for a Summer 2022 Community Engagement Intern to join our growing tech startup that is transforming health and social services. As our Community Engagement intern you will support the Unite NYC Coordinated Care network. The Community Engagement Intern will play a crucial role strategizing, planning and implementing the expansion of the Unite NYC network. This intern will work closely with the Unite NYC Community Engagement Manager to build buy-in with local stakeholders. The Engagement Team builds relationships with clinical providers, government agencies and community-based organizations to foster a sense of trust. You'll help build this trust through rigorous research, thoughtful project management support, and clear communication. The ability to effectively manage projects and work closely with others is a must.
Our 8-week summer internship class runs from June 6th 2022 - July 29th 2022.
What You'll Do:
- Research key organizations and influencers in New York City neighborhoods that were hardest hit by the Covid-19 pandemic
- Support engagement managers working to onboard social service organizations to Unite NYC network
- Research and prepare summary briefs of New York City policies relevant to Unite NYC (including new mayoral administration priorities)
- Work cross functionally to plan an event to promote networking and collaboration amongst the network
- Canvas priority neighborhoods to identify community hubs
- Identify and resolve data quality issues in our partner database
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn software technologies such as Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, HubSpot, Asana, etc.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects and implementations with poise and confidence
- Must have experience and familiarity with the local social services or healthcare landscape across NYC
- Strong research and analytical skills
- A natural relationship builder
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you’re an active listener who can break down complex ideas and tailor your message to a specific audience
- Self-starter motivation with strong organizational and time management skills – you make things happen!
- The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment - you are solutions oriented and highly adaptable
- A passion for healthcare, social services, and/or public health
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This internship is remote, U.S. based
- This internship is $20/hour for 35 hours per week
- Our 8-week summer internship class runs from June 6th 2022 - July 29th 2022
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at [email protected] to request an accommodation.