Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 2X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners, and our lending securities are rated AA by S&P.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a Communications & Brand Intern to help us tell our story to the world. Your mission will be to help us build our brand across channels and audiences. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Brand, you’ll join a broader team of passionate marketers, designers, and comms professionals.
This is an exciting role at a pivotal moment in our journey as you will help shape our brand.The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is willing to roll up their sleeves, and works collaboratively across functions. If you’re a creative, versatile comms professional who wants to make a massive impact in a market with infinite potential, this opportunity is for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Write articles and review web content to support various initiatives, including our Powersports loyalty program and entrance into new verticals (consumer, OPE, and RV)
- Build a new section of our website to house marketing materials for our dealer partners
- Create landing pages on owned and third party sites to support various marketing initiatives
- Publish web content on our consumer and dealer-facing websites
- Define a new process for ordering, shipping, and warehousing our dealer and employee swag
- Event management, including event logistics, ordering collateral and swag, writing playbooks/run of show, etc.
Who You Are:
- Adept at web publishing, ideally familiar with Wordpress
- A creative, detail-oriented self-starter
- A strong writer with a proven ability to develop and repurpose compelling content across channels and audiences
- An adaptable multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable navigating ambiguity and tackling white space
- Comfortable working across departments to see projects to their completion (ie Marketing, Sales, Product, HR, IR, Legal)
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Communications, Marketing, English, Liberal Arts, or a relevant field
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your dependents
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.