For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Each day Zscaler's Cloud processes over 150 billion transactions with near-zero latency to instantly secure over 16 million users in 180+ countries. All transactions are logged which provides unparalleled visibility into the Zscaler cloud. We are looking for data scientists with experience applying machine learning and modeling techniques, including natural language processing, anomaly detection, optimization, and time series forecasting, toward different product areas. The ideal candidate would have a curiosity to dive deep into log data and enjoy discovering patterns that drive new insights.
In this role, you will be responsible for hands-on technical research. You will execute proof of concepts for new cloud security features under research for Zscaler's Cloud workload protection product. As a member of the engineering team, you will closely work with Cloud Engineering teams to deliver solutions and whitepapers.
This position will be close to the architecture board and receive mentorship from Principal Engineers and Architects.
- Develop microservices for real-time streams of data.
- Research and evaluate the right fitment of technology choices to solve business problems.
- Implement and ship scalable microservices to production environments.
- Work with cloud security researchers and data engineers to Implement algorithms that determine risk on a cloud service.
- You would work 40 hrs/wk during the summer and we are looking for candidates who would be able to work part-time (20 hrs/wk) during the Fall. Conducive to candidates local to San Jose or who will be completing the rest of the Fall 2020 semester virtually.
- Strong fundamentals on Kubernetes, containers.
- Fundamentals on event-driven systems, and high throughput data streams.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- "Roll up sleeves and do what it takes" attitude and a strong team player that is not afraid to present new, creative ideas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.