Claims Trainee - Summer 2022 (Wyomissing) at CNA
The CNA Claim Training Program offers entry-level opportunities to begin a career in Commercial Insurance Claims. Candidates will complete a comprehensive training program that includes formal virtual, web-based and on-the-job learning opportunities. Candidates will learn about commercial insurance and the essential aspects of claim handling for a designated line of business. Candidates will also obtain required state adjuster licenses.
This position works under close supervision and with defined authority limits to provide exceptional customer service to our insureds and claimants. After completion of formal virtual training, this position will handle low complexity claims for a specific line of business.
We are looking for individuals with strong interpersonal communication skills who can learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment. A Bachelor degree is required.
The program starts in the summer of 2022 and will include structured virtual training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a working knowledge of claim handling techniques, practices and procedures for designated line of business by successfully completing formal training program, and through on-the-job experiences.
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service, achieving quality and cycle time standards, and communicating effectively.
- Determines coverage by reviewing policy and claim documentation for low complexity claims in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
- Learns and participates in claims resolution activities which may include setting reserves, performing investigations, working with outside parties, and preparing management reports and other communications, etc.
- Participates in the settlement of claims within prescribed limits in most cost effective and timely manner and ensures prompt issuance of disbursements.
- Ensures accurate documentation by updating and utilizing various claims systems in accordance with best practices and quality standards.
- Collaborates with internal and external work partners on issues relating to specific claims and other topics concerning the claim handling for claimants and insureds.
- Strives to achieve best outcomes by effectively managing loss costs and claim expenses.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong desire to develop a wide breadth of knowledge and understanding of claims practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop positive business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly to change.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Good decision making skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
- Limited travel may be required, and there may be opportunity to relocate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree as required or equivalent experience; 3.0 or higher GPA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership through prior work experience or participation in extra-curricular activities is a plus.
- Based on line of business and location, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance Adjuster License(s) or work towards certification may be required.
- Prior corporate internship is preferred.
Candidate must be available to start in May 2022.