Capital Deployment Intern at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Capital Deployment Intern
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis seeks an undergraduate student passionate about Real Estate to participate in a part time internship program. During this time you will gain invaluable industry-relevant experience working directly with the East Region Investment team members. You will be exposed to a range of functional areas within the Region including Development/Construction, Project/Property Management, Marketing and Leasing, and Financial Analysis/Underwriting.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Assist with day-to-day activities of the $500MM+ Capital Deployment team.
- Assist with creating discounted cash flow models used to analyze returns for potential acquisitions.
- Assist with creating proforma models for potential built-to-suit or speculative development projects.
- Assist with assessing prior development performance via stabilized development review process.
- Prepare visuals, asset maps, and market statistics for presentations and investment memos.
- Assist with capital forecasting and regional planning.
- Compile sale comp data for markets within the East Region.
- Conduct historical and prospective trend and market analysis.
- Participate in property tours and internal team, customer and broker meetings.
- Work with investment officers on LOIs, RFPs and transaction pipeline activity reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Excellent academic record in current Major(s) in an undergraduate (rising junior or senior) or Concentration(s) in a graduate program.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Argus is a plus but not required).
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with peers and management.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and team approach.
- Attention to detail and commitment to professionalism, integrity, discretion and good judgement.
- Creative mindset and flexibility to take on new challenges, adapt to new processes and commit to continual improvement.
- Direct Real Estate experience is a plus but not required.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Part time