Brand Marketing Intern at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
We’re looking for an Intern to join our Brand Marketing team. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with. Our ideal candidate is passionate about brand marketing and understands its importance across the entire customer experience. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, keep reading!
What you'll do here:
- Contribute to the development and execution of promotional campaigns for our Brand initiatives including, Partnerships & Sponsorships, DE&I, and Mailchimp Studios.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams such as Design, PR, Comms and Content, and more to create and traffic marketing materials for all brand projects.
- Work closely with our social media team to write and edit copy for Brand initiatives.
- Maintain project documentation and communicate deadlines and timely updates.
- Collect data and insights from marketing campaigns.
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
- Perform market analysis and research on competitive & aspirational brands.
- Act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to support all areas of Brand and Corporate marketing.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A foundation in marketing and or social media
- Excellent copywriting and editing abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills
- A willingness to learn
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.