Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re passionate about financial inclusivity, and that’s why we are excited to provide three lucky students with scholarships to attend the AfroTech Conference. Tell us a little bit about you and why you want to attend for a chance to win your way in! Apply for the chance to win here by September 15th.
Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate. Create a two-minute video and be prepared to share a link via YouTube in your application.
We want to hear your thoughts on these two questions:
- How would you use technology to close the gap to create more
- Why do you want to attend the 2021 AfroTech Conference?
Let us get to know you!
- Include a link to your GitHub profile or other online portfolio in your application.
- Share with us your career milestones that got you to where you are today. Submit a current resume that showcases your unique skills and background.
Terms and Conditions:
2021 Coinbase AfroTech Scholarship TERMS & CONDITIONS
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: Application acceptance begins September 8, 2021 and ends September 15th, 2021 at 23:59 PM PDT.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must: (a) be 18 years of age or older by October 1, 2021; (b) be a legal resident of the U.S., (c) be currently enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting program at an academic institution on a full- or part-time basis in October 2021; and (d) pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field. Current employees of Coinbase and affiliates are not eligible to apply.
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Eligible applicants must submit: (a) an online application, (b) link to GitHub or other online portfolio showcasing your work, (c) link to a two (2) minute video addressing the following two (2) questions: “How would you use technology to close the gap to create more financial freedom?” and “Why do you want to attend the 2021 AfroTech Conference?”; and (d) a resume/CV including details of your education, work experience, and any extracurricular activities and achievements.
- LIMITATIONS: Limit one (1) application per person. Your application must be received by 23:59 PM on September 15, 2021. Applicants that submit incomplete applications, fail to submit their applications on time, or who do not meet all eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
- RECIPIENT SELECTION: Coinbase will review and score eligible applications based on the following criteria: technical skill; uniqueness of video; and involvement in technology field as demonstrated in resume/CV.
- RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION: Coinbase will notify the scholarship recipient(s) via phone/email on or about September 22, 2021.
- SCHOLARSHIP(S): Three (3) scholarships are available to be awarded. Each scholarship includes registration with the 2021 AfroTech Conference. Scholarship(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Scholarship elements may not be separated. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the scholarship recipient(s). Scholarship recipient(s) are not entitled to exchange or transfer of scholarship(s) or to obtain cash or other substitutes. Coinbase may substitute a scholarship or portion thereof of equal or greater value. Any portion of any scholarship not accepted or used will be forfeit. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely each scholarship recipient’s responsibility.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By applying for a scholarship, you grant Coinbase (and its successors and assigns) an irrevocable license to use (a) your video (or portion thereof) and (b) your name, address (city and state), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical information and/or statements about this scholarship program, in perpetuity, without notice, requirement of permission, attribution or compensation, for any commercial, promotional or other purpose throughout the universe in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in all languages and in all versions, except where prohibited by law. Your video may be edited, adapted, modified and/or used to create derivative works by Coinbase in its sole discretion.
- RELEASE: By applying for a scholarship, you release and hold harmless Coinbase and its subsidiary and affiliated companies from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this scholarship program.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY: COINBASE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. COINBASE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES: You agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or connected with this scholarship program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of California, excluding California's choice of law principles. For any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the parties consent to personal jurisdiction in, and the exclusive venue of, the courts in San Francisco, California.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.