Accounting Specialist Intern - Summer 2022 at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Finance & Accounting Department primarily consists of two teams: 1) Accounting, which is responsible for preparing the company's financial statements, client billing, filing tax returns, as well as many other duties required of a publicly traded company; and 2) Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis, which is responsible for companywide budgeting, financial forecasting, analysis of results and long-term financial strategy.
As an intern and member of our Accounting team, you will be responsible for assisting the accounting team with month end activities and special projects as needed. You will be directly involved in some aspects of accounts payable cycle, revenue recognition analysis and commissions forecasts.
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES (WHAT YOU WILL DO)
- Support various members the Corporate Accounting team including Managers and Directors.
- Gain exposure to month-end close procedures, revenue recognition, billing, sales commission, accounts payable and various other accounting-related duties.
- Exposure to internal controls, including process narratives and flowcharts necessary for SOX compliance
- Support the External Reporting team to gain exposure to the SEC public company reporting process including the development of the Company's Form 10-K.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Please note, in response to COVID-19 & Paylocity's commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Finance and Accounting Teams are currently working remotely. We successfully hosted interns virtually over Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 and will do so again if necessary. While the future is unclear, please assume you will work onsite at some point in the summer, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (WHO YOU ARE)
- Currently enrolled in a college degree program working toward a Bachelor's degree with an anticipated graduation between December 2022 & Spring 2023; Finance or Accounting major preferred
- Experience with MS office, preferably Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong academic performance, GPA of 3.2/4.0 or higher is preferred
- A basic understanding of GAAP and the core financial statements
- Previous experience working in an office environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing and organizational skills
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Paylocity is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.