Accounting Intern at Spreetail (Lincoln, NE)
| Lincoln, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:29 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Spreetail is an ecommerce growth partner focused on accelerating brands and channels to compete for tomorrow’s ecommerce customer. Learn how we are building one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history: www.wearespreetail.com.
Spreetail's Accounting department is crucial to its business. This team is made up of revenue and expense analysts, accounts payable associates, and freight accountants who ensure timely and correct payment on all our accounts to purchase our products and collect revenue from our customers. As an Accounting intern, you consistently go the extra mile to tackle new challenges and improve existing processes. You thrive in a problem-solving environment and excel when given ambiguous tasks.
For many accounting majors, the biggest challenge is deciding whether to pursue public or private accounting. This internship gives you hands-on experience in private accounting, and you will assist with day-to-day book reconciliation and work alongside full-time accountants. Additionally, you will have your own large projects to own and work on during the summer.
Who You Are:
- Pursing a bachelor's in accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organization and an eye for details.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
As an Accounting Intern, you will:
- Consistently go the extra mile to tackle new challenges and improve existing processes.
- Thrive in a problem-solving environment and excel when given ambiguous tasks.
- For many accounting majors, the biggest challenge is deciding whether to pursue public or private accounting. This internship gives you hands-on experience in private accounting, and you will assist with day-to-day book reconciliation and work alongside full-time accounting employees.
Internship Program Perks:
- Workshops and Trainings: You will take part in an intern-wide workshop called “Spreetail Connect” where you will be developed as a professional, take deep dives into our company/departments, and learn new technology/tools.
- Real-Life Experience: The work that you will do at Spreetail is meaningful and makes a lasting impact. You will work alongside our full-time team and take part in tasks and projects with them.
- Networking Opportunities: We partner with the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development to connect us with local companies to provide networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, you will meet other interns through projects and activities.
- In-Depth Onboarding: You’ll take a deep dive into each of our departments, learn about our history and vision, and take part in hands-on projects in order to be as prepared as possible to take on your new role.
- Competitive Pay: We know the work that you’ll do is valuable, so we want to make sure you receive that value in return.
- Community Impact Project: Bring your passion for social impact as you will collaborate with other interns to implement an initiative to make positive change in our communities.
- Department Cross-Training: We want to show you all aspects of our business and help you learn about the world of eCommerce.
- Casual Dress: Come as you are. Wear what makes you most comfortable so you can focus on making a difference.
- Professional & Personal Development: We’ll help you prepare for your future with resume reviews, weekly round-table discussions, and specialty skills training (ex: negotiation, efficient meetings, feedback techniques).
- Mentorship: You will be paired with two mentors: one inside your department and one outside your department. They will provide you with feedback to help identify opportunities to improve and grow in your role and as a professional.
- Social Events: Spreetail has organized events exclusively planned by interns for interns, as well as regular company outings for the team and our families.
- Tech Tools & Equipment: We provide you with all of the technology and tools you need to level up your skills and be successful in your role.
- Discount on Products: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell.
- Donation Matching: We want you to contribute to causes that you feel revolutionize your community. Starting your first day, Spreetail will match up to $250 each calendar year toward any nonprofit cause you choose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.
More Information on Spreetail
Spreetail operates in the eCommerce industry. The company is located in Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, Greenwood, IN, Nanticoke, PA, Ellabell, GA, Austin, TX, Hutchins, TX, Las Vegas, NV and Fredrickson, WA. Spreetail was founded in 2006. It has 1550 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with Nonprofits, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Team owned deliverables and Team based strategic planning. To see all 87 open jobs at Spreetail, click here.
Read Full Job Description