As one of the country's largest writers of commercial and specialty insurance, CNA depends on the talent, expertise and enthusiastic engagement of our employees. We provide insurance protection to more than 1 million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally, offering unique expertise for the businesses and industries we serve. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to serve a broad range of customers while supporting our communities through charitable contributions and employee volunteerism.
CNA's Tech Summer Internship Program is looking to create a team of interns for a dynamic and fast pace 10-12 week training program that provides hands on experience and unique opportunities in the areas of: Application Design, Agile Development (Scrum Master), Data Analytics, Application Development and Business Process Reengineering.
Program Features and Benefits:
- Challenging, innovative assignments that provide real-world experience in applying Technology and business education
- In-depth education in technology, the insurance industry, CNA's organization and how Technology plays a leading role in an insurer's profitability
- A dedicated manager and a mentor who will guide you throughout your internship program at CNA
- Opportunities to meet with members of our senior leadership team and learn about their personal experiences in Technology within the insurance industry
- Professional and personal development activities and ongoing feedback and coaching on performance
- Consideration for potential full-time placement upon graduation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior (undergraduate) or in first year of Masters program pursuing a degree in Information Technology or Business related field
- A minimum 3.00 GPA is required (overall and major)
- Interest in the Insurance Industry
- Some previous work experience preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and the ability to cultivate and maintain positive business relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective problem solving, analytical aptitude, learn quickly and embrace change
- Ability to learn and change quickly
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
CNA's corporate headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Chicago at 151 N Franklin St, near all public transportation from the city and suburbs. The program will employ a hybrid working model, alternating between working in the office and from home.
CNA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status in employment opportunities