2022 Summer Internship, Community, Dallas at WeWork (Dallas, TX)
2022 Summer Intern | Community
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses - small, medium or large - thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our Community team for an exciting 10-week summer internship experience. As a Community intern, you will have the opportunity to act as the “face” of WeWork! You will gain real world experience in Membership Engagement, Building Operations and Event Management while developing and honing your hospitality skills and business acumen.
Interns will gain exposure to senior leadership and Employee Community Groups, attend professional development workshops, develop and expand a strong, diverse network, give back to the community, organize and participate in social events and more!
As a successful Community intern, your responsibilities will include (but won’t be limited to):
- Elevating Members’ experience by working on community initiatives designed to foster connections between members including member introductions, event support, email and print communications
- Working with the Community team to ensure your building is fully operational and processes are running efficiently
- Assisting with front desk management, greeting and checking-in guests and members, answering “walk-up” questions, and problem solving member requests and needs
- Collaborating with the Community team to produce of a variety of Member events to ensure the highest level of Member satisfaction and experience
- All of this while illustrating WeWork’s core values and working towards achieving our mission
Does the below sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Current college junior with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- You’re passionate about customer service, hospitality, events and/or sales
- You’re eager to learn and be mentored by employees excited to help you navigate your career
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- You embrace a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, and empathy
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Passion and understanding of WeWork’s mission and values
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for multiple openings of the same job at the same location or locations within the same city.
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork -- like a growing number of employers -- is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law and absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation (unless a sooner deadline is required under applicable law). If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work -- currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams -- will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.