Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. Our engineering team is helping to redefine a $1.9 trillion dollar industry that hasn’t upgraded its technology in decades. And in just a few years, we’ve already turned the traditional real estate model on its head by helping our customers buy and sell more than 100,000 homes across the US. But our work is far from over and we’re seeking exceptional Software Engineering Interns to join us as we continue to to build industry defining services and products for our customers and our team.
Up for the challenge? Transforming an industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. Creators and innovators. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you.
Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
These teams have internship opportunities:
Seller Experience: Help our customers sell their existing home. Work on customer facing feature development and build tools and dashboards our enterprise partners interact with. This team is looking for 2 interns and ideal people have a) Front End and b) Backend or Full Stack experience.
Buyer Experience: Help our customers buy a new home! Build a digital shopping experience across our mobile and web applications. Build dashboards for our customers who are both buying and selling. The Buyer team is looking for 2 interns and ideal people have a) Front End and B) Full Stack experience.
Transaction and Operations: Build and integrate a best in-class holistic platform for real estate transactions such as title, escrow and mortgage financing. Build internal tooling to support our engineering teams and developers at Opendoor as the company scales. This team is looking for 2 interns that have either a) Front End or B) Backend experience.
Financial Platform: Work on our centralized transaction platform and financial systems. Work on service oriented architecture, API’s and backend implementation. This team is looking for 1 intern who has either Backend or Full Stack experience.
Infrastructure: Build backend frameworks and tools that provide core functionality. Build a system that allows engineers to build applications quickly. This team is looking for 2 interns that have a) Front End or B) Backend Experience.
Data Engineering: Work on transforming data and building an infrastructure that processes housing data. This team is looking for 2 interns that have Backend experience.
Pricing: Build a machine learning infrastructure that calculates how we accurately price homes. Build tools that combine the best of both machine learning algorithms and human insight and business goals into our predictions and outputs. This team is looking for 2 interns that have a) Full Stack or B) Machine Learning or Data Engineering Experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- You will build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Work with other team members in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Learn how to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- At Opendoor you will become a domain expert in real estate
- Excitement for breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- If you are a Backend Engineer you must have one of the following: Go, Python or Ruby. Bonus points for having SQL, AWS, Rails
- If you are a Machine Learning Engineer you must have: Python, SQL. It is great if you also have experience in one of the following: Spark, Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, a Quantitative Background.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description