VP, Talent Acquisition at AlertMedia (Remote)
The Vice President, Talent Acquisition will be responsible for leading an experienced team of recruiting professionals to deliver on our aggressive hiring goals. In this role you will own design, implementation, and communication of our talent acquisition approach for the company.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we are focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who you are:
You have extensive talent acquisition experience, especially in high tech, high growth companies and you have a proven track record of building, leading and motivating a team. You quickly take in information to make data-driven, sound decisions and can adjust your approach based on the needs of the business. You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are great at explaining things in a clear, concise, and engaging manner, and are passionate about being a part of a team and organization that delivers results and desires to be an amazing place to work.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Drive the strategic development, design, implementation, communication, and compliance of all talent acquisition programs to align with the company’s values and business objectives.
- Define roles and responsibilities of the hiring team and develop defined metrics and process improvements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle which results in a robust and diverse candidate pipeline while reducing time-to-fill metrics
- Analyze relevant data and trends to provide insight and leads the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent.
- Drive development of early career recruiting strategy to identify high potential candidates through the creation of university relationships, intern programs and early career hiring plans.
- Leverage deep knowledge of tech industry and market to differentiate AlertMedia’s unique culture and rapid growth to prospective candidates.
- Shares experience to help recruiting team to source, recruit, and/or close candidates.
- Leverages experience to deliver recruiting metrics and dashboard that can be easily updated and shared with internal stakeholders
- Partner with Finance on annual headcount budget
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with leaders and managers across the organization to ensure our recruiting structure and strategy supports our strategic objectives.
- 15+ years working in Talent Acquisition with increasing levels of responsibility; has built and led geographically dispersed recruiting team.
- Expertise in the development of recruiting processes, procedures, creative sourcing strategies, the implementation and management of talent acquisition systems; preferred experience with Greenhouse ATS
- Deep technology experience with strong knowledge of technical and / or creative talent sourcing strategies
- Ability to develop and implement successful recruitment and selection strategies in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
- Extensive experience in contract / vendor management and negotiating rates, including vendors, search relationships, and third-party staff augmentation firms
- Comfortable building rapport, negotiating, and setting expectations with stakeholders, including those at the executive level
- Exceptional leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.