VP, People at Candy
What is Candy?
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that delight us. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding! – the so-called “passion marketplace.”
Become part of the Candy team
We are looking for someone with deep expertise and leadership in people operations, who is seeking a strategic role in a high growth, incredibly fast-paced company focused on achieving best in class employee experience through a culture of continuous improvement.
This role will be responsible for Candy’s people function, culture, structure and policies and drive key Human Resources’ best practices, initiatives. In addition, provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function, across all offices and remote employees globally. In this role, you will serve as a member of the management team and a thought partner to the CEO to provide HR insights with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage Candy’s People Operations team which comprises Human Resources and Talent Acquisition.
- Aligns the work of the People Operations team with Candy’s mission and vision, using innovative, best practices and policies that will build and retain a world class team, and create a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Participate in strategic discussions and decisions by gaining an understanding of the organization. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Management Team and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Identify, track and report key metrics and performance indicators on people related areas to ensure progress and growth against goals.
- Hire the best and the brightest by developing comprehensive strategic recruiting plans, including branding, sourcing channels, screening, interviewing, assessments, diversity, data collections, job offers and metrics.
- Deliver a world-class employee experience by optimizing the HR function, and modernizing and refining key HR processes and activities.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management and organizational design.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and onboarding high-potential talent throughout the world. Build processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by providing guidance on career paths, employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
- Manage all areas related to overall employee compensation, HR procedures and HR compliance in multi-jurisdictions.
What you’ll bring:
- A track record of strategic people operation’s leadership success; minimum 2-3 years leading an HR team and 10+ years of experience in growth organizations, and companies with global workforce.
- Preferably experience working in a tech startup, and/or a fintech or cryptocurrency company.
- Expertise in organizational design, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning.
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now.
- Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Data driven and goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional behavior in dealing with people at all level.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Experience in working with multi-jurisdiction company preferred, including local benefits, taxes and regulations.
What we offer:
Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early stage startup our benefits package continues to evolve as we do.
To build the creative, innovative community we aspire to be, we know we need different perspectives and lived experiences. We value diversity and difference and believe that creating a place in which everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. Join us to find out what it means to be part of a new blockchain-enabled marketplace for the next generation of fans and collectors. And don’t be modest—we tend to believe people are usually more qualified than they think.