VP of People at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL)
We are looking for a Vice President of People to join our team at Snapsheet!
**THIS PERSON MUST BE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA**
Reporting to the President of Snapsheet, the VP of People will be an authentic business leader with a vital role in continuing to build and shape the organizational culture, drive engagement, and develop talent. With full accountability for all Human Resource, Talent Acquisition and internal communications, this individual will provide consultative HR support and counsel, align business needs to drive the human capital strategy and determine how to best use their talent-base to innovate and support business objectives.
The VP of People will demonstrate decisiveness and model the organization’s cultural values and attributes. They will focus on driving great culture and engagement while balancing necessary human capital decisions to ensure the best long-term outcome for the business.
• Provide leadership in developing and executing on Snapsheet’s people strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
• Directly oversee and accountable for all aspects of HR, ER, Comp and Benefits, Talent and Performance Management, Recruiting, Employee Engagement, Internal Communications and Events.
• Develop and execute talent plan. Implement metrics, reporting and analytics to measure effectiveness of programs and processes. Benchmark best practices and elevate as needed/when appropriate.
• Constantly assess the talent landscape, identify areas of opportunity, gain buy-in on the solution if it involves others’ commitment and execute efficiently.
• Drive Snapsheet’s culture by understanding the needs of the organization and evolving programs to fit those needs.
• Senior people leader with a demonstrated track record in delivering sustainable business results through best-in-class people practices.
• High energy, outward people person—driver of communication, culture and engagement.
• Familiarity with world-class organizations, understanding dimensions of a healthy, vibrant culture.
• Solid HR functional experience in the areas of talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and leadership development to help bring solutions to business needs.
• Experience overseeing the People function in a remote work-force spread across multiple geographies and a mixed population of exempt and non-exempt employees
• Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to assess processes and outcomes by establishing solid metrics of performance.
• A non-political team player who can quickly establish him/herself as a valued member of the senior leader team. Collaborate well across all areas of the organization.
• Superior communication skills with an ability to articulate a clear and compelling vision.
• Ability to effectively balance competing priorities to fulfill all business partner expectations.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
• 15 years experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibilities across a variety of functional experiences in a venture backed, high growth environment with expertise managing the People department, a function within the department and ideally Executive and Board of Directors level engagement
• Authentic individual with impeccable integrity whose personal and professional values are consistent with Snapsheet’s mission, vision and values.
• Change leader and manager who thrives on continuous improvement. This person will be laser-focused on exceptional business partnering while driving innovation to create an atmosphere that supports problem-solving and initiative.
• Knows how to keep messages tuned to right level, whether with leaders or more junior employees.
• Strength in providing leadership and driving team alignment while being fully capable of making tough decisions and acting on them as appropriate. Able to articulate clear and meaningful goals and focus people’s efforts to deliver results.
• Bright individual with strong ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Experienced manager of people, programs and ideas.
• Contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, in producing outstanding results. Strong ability to promote meaning in the workplace and raise performance levels of others.
• This position will be based in Chicago (flexible home and office as needed)