VP of People at Teleport (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:05 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 4, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Based Infrastructure Access Management. That means we are the easiest, most secure way to access all an organization’s infrastructure resources. While other companies are adding complexity, we are eliminating it by consolidating, in a single platform, the four essential infrastructure access capabilities every security-conscious organization needs: connectivity, authentication, authorization and audit. Our unique approach is not only more secure but also improves developer productivity.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture.
We're also proud of our distinction as a “Great Place to Work for 2021” and our “Best Company for Perks & Benefits and Work-Life Balance” awards
Teleport is looking for a VP of People to help manage the hyper-growth phase of the company. We are looking for candidates who have successfully navigated this period previously at venture-funded technology companies which also had a significant amount of remote employees.
This is a remote work opportunity. The position reports to the CEO and is available to any location in the United States. We do have an office in Oakland if you’d like to work in the office. There may also be an opportunity to establish an office in your current location.
Your primary responsibility will be to build out a company full of diverse, high-performing and empathetic people who love working at Teleport. If you have done this before at hyper-growth companies, you know the challenges involved. Developing company objectives with the board and other executives and implementing a clear framework for those to be executed upon throughout the company. For additional perspective, you can read this hyper-growth handbook for a good description of the challenges involved.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating a strategy for building out the company org structuring and hiring and developing executives and other management to build out the different organizations
- Managing the recruiting, onboarding and development of employees around the world while maintaining a rapid hiring pace with a remote-first strategy
- Developing, nurturing and communicating the company culture (mission and values) in a dynamic environment
- Implementing scalable processes and systems across hiring, onboarding, compensation, HR compliance, performance management and training, among others
- Managing internal communications in order to drive company goals and give employees context and guidance
What you'll bring:
- Strong leadership capabilities and presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to negotiate, present persuasive arguments and influence people
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to systematically solve problems in scalable ways
- Experience building a remote-first company throughout the world
- A relentless attitude and commitment to succeed
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Teleport
Teleport operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Seattle, WA. Teleport was founded in 2015. It has 74 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days. To see all 5 open jobs at Teleport, click here.
Read Full Job Description