VP of People (Remote) at Teleport
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:07 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
Teleport is an open core remote-first company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Our mission is to empower engineers to securely access any computing resource anywhere in the world.
Modern computing environments are growing bigger and more complex. This complexity increases the attack surface area and slows developers down. Our Access Plane technology empowers engineers and security professionals to easily access servers, Kubernetes, databases and web applications across all environments.
Backed by Y-Combinator, S28 Capital, and Kleiner Perkins, we have raised over $60MM and are growing quickly. Our customers include leading technology companies such as Nasdaq, Snowflake Square, Gitlab, IBM, and others.
Our commitment to the world is to combine an amazing developer experience with best-in-class security in everything we make. We value solving hard problems for our customers and making our lives interesting while doing it.
Teleport is looking for a VP of People to help manage the hyper-growth phase of the company. We are looking for candidates who have successfully navigated this period previously at venture-funded technology companies which also had a significant amount of remote employees.
This is a remote work opportunity. The position reports to the CEO and is available to any location in the United States. We do have an office in Oakland if you’d like to work in the office. There may also be an opportunity to establish an office in your current location.
Your primary responsibility will be to build out a company full of diverse, high-performing and empathetic people who love working at Teleport. If you have done this before at hyper-growth companies, you know the challenges involved. Developing company objectives with the board and other executives and implementing a clear framework for those to be executed upon throughout the company. For additional perspective, you can read this hyper-growth handbook for a good description of the challenges involved.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating a strategy for building out the company org structuring and hiring and developing executives and other management to build out the different organizations
- Managing the recruiting, onboarding and development of employees around the world while maintaining a rapid hiring pace with a remote-first strategy
- Developing, nurturing and communicating the company culture (mission and values) in a dynamic environment
- Implementing scalable processes and systems across hiring, onboarding, compensation, HR compliance, performance management and training, among others
- Managing internal communications in order to drive company goals and give employees context and guidance
What you'll bring:
- Strong leadership capabilities and presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to negotiate, present persuasive arguments and influence people
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to systematically solve problems in scalable ways
- Experience building a remote-first company throughout the world
- A relentless attitude and commitment to succeed
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Teleport
Teleport operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Seattle, WA. Teleport was founded in 2015. It has 74 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days. To see all 20 open jobs at Teleport, click here.
Read Full Job Description