Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
In this newly created position, you will provide people leadership to the CTO, CIO, CPO and CFO as well as lead the new Talent Management Center of Excellence for Opendoor. This high impact role will be responsible to set the enterprise wide people strategy to ensure we motion talent through the company and create once in a lifetime career experiences for our amazing talent. You will own the roadmap and be the “product management leader” for the people team with respect to the design, development and deployment of systematic people processes, programs and talent development initiatives.
This role encompasses a leadership role in People Partnering and will manage a strategic team of people business partners. The team ensures our “internal client groups” are being proactively managed and the balance of driving business results as well as being an employee advocate shows up in how we work directly with both leaders and all our talent across Opendoor.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a trusted advisor and key thought partner to executives on all People matters including organizational development, change management, talent development & management, people operations, D&I, retention, workforce planning, compensation rewards, and employee relations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive People strategy to achieve company’s business objectives while ensuring integration of strategy and solutions within company functions and in partnership with people COEs and Shared Services
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of people strategy initiatives and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop and lead People Business Partner Team to drive scalable support models for executives, managers, and employees during a period of hyper growth
- Lead the PBP team assigned to these specific client groups to execute on the action plans derived from People strategy
- Define business needs; work collaboratively with the Centers of Excellence, SMEs and leaders to design business focused HR solutions and services for delivery
- Build programs designed to enhance and reinforce employee engagement productivity, diversity & inclusion, and recognize employees for their contributions to the company's success.
- Develop talent management roadmap, design talent management strategies and drive employee development and retention of talent
- Partner with leaders across the organization in implementing talent management and development strategies that reinforce and evolve company culture
- Partner with leadership and management to identify knowledge and skill gaps across teams and implement targeted programs
- Drive leadership assessment across the organization, identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to recognize, retain and develop talent
- Provide strategic coaching to executive leaders and key talent
- Lead by example and role model company’s values.
We’re looking for a leader who has:
- 15+ years of direct applicable business and HR experiences; 5+ years partnering with C-Suite executives and 5+ years experience managing teams
- Experience in talent management, recruiting, business partnering or M&A
- Extensive experience in building, growing and scaling teams in lower cost locations
- Experience in balancing growth with effective scaling to ensure org design and span of control matches business needs
- The ability to demonstrate a proven track record of building from scratch, leading and innovating the People function to deliver exceptional results
- A proven track record of building the People function from the ground up
- A strategic mindset and the ability to develop scalable solutions to support company goals
- Experience building culture and supporting Inclusion & Diversity programs
- Experience working in a leadership position within the People function at a high-growth stage company
- High business acumen, emotional intelligence and communication
- The aptitude to be a strong collaborator and influencer and is able to apply at all levels within the organization to drive great outcomes for our people and business
- A passion to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that is always looking to raise the bar on how we deliver people programs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- Required- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or similar
- Desired- Master's / MBA in HR
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description