We are looking for an experienced Total Rewards M&A Lead to join our team. In this role you will contribute to helping Atlassian continue to grow through acquisitions. If you have experience in Compensation, Benefits and/or Global Mobility and have a passion for Mergers & Acquisitions than this is the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will be the Total Rewards point person for all M&A transactions. You will partner with Corporate Development, Business Leaders, Legal, Finance, Stock Administration, Payroll, People Operations and HR Business Partners to ensure successful execution of all transactions. You will be involved in all phases of the transaction from term sheet negotiation through integration.
For Compensation, you will conduct due diligence on the target and assess their compensation structure and programs. You will develop the compensation package for acquired employees in consideration of deal constraints, deal objectives and Atlassian's compensation philosophy and compensation structure.
For Benefits, you will evaluate the target's benefits plans, assess compliance and risk during due diligence, and develop a recommendation for integration into Atlassian's programs.
For Global Mobility, you will be responsible for relocations of acquired employees. This will include coordination of work permits/visas for these employees. You will develop a playbook including questions to be addressed during due diligence. You will partner with the Global Mobility Team and People Operations team to ensure all relocations result in a positive employee experience.
This role will have exposure to all of the work efforts within the Total Rewards team. While we have to divide and conquer to get work done, we are highly collaborative and value all opinions so you will always have a seat at the table as we deliver on the initiatives on our FY22 roadmap.
If that isn't compelling enough, we are a globally distributed team yet manage to be close-knit. Our team meetings range from a focus on compensation related topics to birthday recognition and competitive games. We work hard and play hard together.
You will report to the Senior Director of Global Compensation.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all Total Rewards related matters for M&A transactions
- Own and drive all Total Rewards related decisions
- Engage additional Total Rewards subject matter experts as needed
- Lead due diligence for all transactions
- Act as a thought partner and with solutions orientation on any concerns and issues raised
- Own, develop and maintain our Total Rewards M&A playbook
More about you:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in Compensation, Benefits and/or Mobility
- Compensation, Benefits and M&A experience is a must
- Global experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or an emphasis on Human Resources preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, confidentiality, time management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong project management experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a track record for executing and auditing work
- Ability to gain alignment and represent a common point of view across multiple partners
- On top of current compensation and total rewards trends; creative thinker who can apply experience but also think outside of the box
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Software industry experience preferred
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.