Technical Sourcer at Faire
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About the role
As a Technical Sourcer, you will be responsible for the beginning stages of the recruitment process by demonstrating your creative sourcing skills to form and execute a successful sourcing strategy to build a high-potential pipeline of technical candidates that represent a variety of cultures, backgrounds, and identities. You will be a specialist in using various channels such as networking, database mining and social media channels to identify talent and ultimately convert to active and engaged candidates.
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with technical recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to develop a search strategy, construct target lists, identify top tier prospective candidates for hard to fill roles across Faire
- Research and uncover top talent using creative methods and sources (more than LinkedIn)
- Build and maintain candidate pipeline using innovative methods and sourcing tools to meet hiring goals
- A/B test reach-out methodologies and increase talent pipeline conversion
- Ensure high level of data integrity with our ATS
- Stay in-tune with the activity in various markets (start-up, marketplaces, tech space) and educate business on takeaways in order to effectively strategize
- Train and mentor future team members on best sourcing practices
- 2+ years of shown Technical Recruiting (preferably sourcing) experience required
- Track record for successfully identifying exceptional candidates
- Familiarity with Greenhouse is a plus
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced work environment
- Prior sourcing experience at a start-up is ideal
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.