Talent Sourcing Specialist (APAC) at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Talent Sourcing Specialist to join their growing global team. The Talent Sourcing Specialist will support the process of hiring by sourcing the best candidates from multiple channels, engaging with candidates to solicit applications and screening applications to provide high-quality talent to the business for our APAC region. This is a great opportunity in which you are to connect with people from different regions for cross-cultural communications and collaborations, e.g. China, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc..
We’re looking for dedicated and candidate focused recruitment professional who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience of sourcing for hard to fill roles. You’ll need to have excellent communication skills and a good understanding of recruitment attraction and selection methodology. This role will also support our Recruitment Advisor in APAC by supporting hiring managers through their recruitment journeys. Advising on effective job adverts, job postings and interview practices to help facilitate a smooth and quick recruitment process.
Please submit your application before advert. closing date of June 3rd 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead discussions and intake meetings with hiring managers to take detailed briefs on role requirements, sharing their expertise to demonstrate credibility and set expectations on the availability of talent and optimal sourcing strategies
- Proactively source and identify candidates utilizing a broad range of channels and techniques (i.e. search engines, job board databases, social media platforms). Employ innovative techniques to identify elusive specialist or niche talent in the market
- Working with hiring managers to develop effective recruitment plans for candidate attraction, including assisting in the writing of effective job adverts and partnering with managers to design and deliver effective assessment methods
- Engage with identified candidates to qualify suitability for the role to sell the roles and prospective client and to encourage candidate to actively apply for the role
- Take ownership of Taylor & Francis recruitment messaging across social media channels such as LinkedIn and other recruitment platforms to increase candidate attraction
- Identify opportunities for combined resourcing activities across the Taylor & Francis business when there are multiple roles of a similar nature
- Manage a talent pool of candidates to reduce agency spend and promote direct sourcing where possible
- Support the global recruitment team and other teammates on ad-hoc projects as required
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of partnering with business stakeholders to support recruitment activities
- Experience of direct candidate attraction across a range of social media channels with proven experience of sourcing candidates for difficult to fill roles
- Strong English and Mandarin language skills, in both written and verbal
- Knowledge of working with recruitment systems and maintaining a high level of data integrity
- Experience using specialist techniques(i.e. Boolean searching) to source candidates on a diverse range of channels
- Strong global knowledge of recruitment practices
- Passion for sourcing and candidate engagement, going beyond the obvious
- Deadline driven, with good time management to balance competing demands
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- This role is open to all candidates in Beijing China & Singapore
- We currently have capacity for this role to be based in either of the following locations: Beijing, or Singapore. However, you must have the right to work and live in the region you reside in
- Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between
- Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.