The Talent Operations Project Manager is responsible for analyzing, streamlining, and developing enterprise-wide TA processes, tools, and programs. This role will partner with TA, HR, Compliance, Legal and other internal stakeholders to define and refine Chewy’s talent acquisition processes. This role is both a hands-on strategic role that provides project leadership and supports TA and HR partnered projects. This role is critical in executing project initiatives, managing change, driving TA functional excellence, process improvement, and transitioning new process to appropriate partners when appropriate, while providing superior customer support.
What You'll Do:
Business Process Analysis
- Identify breaks and bottlenecks in process and identifies improvements and solutions to improve velocity and scale of the enterprise-wide recruiting process.
- Vets solutions with a cross functional team to implement or sunset process steps
- Utilizes a continuous improvement mindset identifying ways for TA to eliminate wasted process steps
- Independently gathers information from a variety of sources; to analyze, interpret, and summarize data gathered, and to deliver insights and implement them
- Facilitates problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design, and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes tied to business results
- Act as the SME on the process flow. Partner across TA, HR, and HR Ops to limit defects from flowing downstream.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to drive collaboration and overall project success.
- Lead day-to-day project progression while considering scope, risk, and deadlines in parallel; documentation of project plan/s should be leveraged regularly and effectively communicate project expectations to team members, sponsors, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Owns major end-to-end processes and events on a project, takes initiative, and uses problem-solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved; ensures all business/support organizations are aligned with clear planning and defined processes to help effectively execute the project;
- Partners with project sponsors to bring definition to a project; creates project plan outlining scope, objectives, deliverables, dependencies, resource requirements, and timelines.
- Consult with Talent Acquisition team, HR, and business leaders to help identify areas of opportunity and recommend improvements as needed; eliminate duplication and proper support and knowledge transfer.
- Creates and Implements documentation to enable (and at times, create) SOPs, Job Aids, and communications material to educate and train team members and partners.
- Effectively partner with internal leaders and external vendors.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required: Masters preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- 3+ years of managerial/leadership experience a strong plus
- Proven track record of working on cross-functional Talent Acquisition and/or Human Resources efforts and aligning resources on common goals.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or comparable Project Plan tool, Microsoft Excel, Visio and document writing
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships at all levels of the organization and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Possesses strong strategic orientation, analytical skills, critical thinking ability, and evaluate broad impacts of work
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in the work group
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances in rapidly changing environments
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.