Talent Manager - Engineering and Product at Big Health (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:07 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 21, 2022
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™ for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues.
Great companies start with great recruiting, and we’re building our Talent Team to support our growth in 2022.
As a Talent Manager at Big Health, you’ll combine your strategic mind and impressive recruitment track record to scale the hiring process for our Engineering and Product teams and help Big Health grow from 150 to 300 employees in 2022.
Reporting to the Director of Talent, you’ll act as player-coach: you’ll own high priority senior requisitions, manage a team of full-cycle recruiters and sourcers, and partner with Engineering and Product leadership to scale effective hiring practices and achieve outcomes against defined goals. You’re passionate about creating equitable hiring processes and will play a key role in building diverse and inclusive teams, both as a manager and business partner.
Big Health is a remote-first company - we are headquartered in San Francisco and have a distributed team across the US and the UK. This role can be based anywhere in the US. Join us!
To learn more about working at Big Health, please go to Built In and Glassdoor.
What you'll do:
- Develop Big Health’s Engineering and Product talent acquisition strategy in partnership with department leadership to scale recruiting process and deliver 25+ hires per quarter
- Manage a high performing team of in-house recruiters and sourcers including hiring, training, coaching, and career pathing
- Build and implement resourcing and capacity plans for your departments in partnership with the Director of Talent
- Drive adoption of new Talent Ops processes and programs within your team and departments
- Reinforce a culture of excellence and a “we win together” attitude within your team and with hiring teams at Big Health
- Work hands-on as needed to fill senior requisitions
What you bring:
- Experience managing and growing an in-house recruiting team and a solid track record of recruiting for highly technical roles
- Strategic Thinker: You think beyond requisitions and plan 5 moves ahead to hit hiring goals within budget. You are an invaluable resource for the team you manage and an excellent thought partner to leadership
- Organized and Process-Oriented: As a skilled project manager, you can balance a wide range and quantity of positions with ease, and you create a frictionless recruitment experience for both the hiring manager and the candidate and align your team to where they are highest leverage
- Resource Allocation: You’ve previously allocated resources for recruiting and can recognize patterns to identify what is required to succeed, seeing far enough ahead to build the team’s capacity to meet our long-term recruitment needs
- Structured Communicator: You are experienced and comfortable with presenting to company executives, and you have the verbal and written communication skills to match
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.